Wednesday, October 2, 2013

ABSOLUT

So today I worked with an event at Kastrup (Copenhagen airport) here in Copenhagen. Absolut company had organized a conference/visit in Åhus and I was responsible for those who arrived at Kastrup. 17 persons. My responsibilities included making sure they had everything they needed, guide them at the airport and help them find the right trains to Kristianstad, call cabs to them, communicate with the Swedish organizers and much more. Kind of ironic since I am super nervous, a super time pessimist and always get lost when I travel :P But it's good to practice, and go outside the comfort zone sometimes :) Especially for me, I think. I did it, and I did it good!

Most of the people I met were young. A few years older than me I guess. They were really nice and really thankful :) It was very stressful at some times, for example when airplanes landed hours too early or too late compared to scheduled time. But I made it! :D And Absolut company was satisfied. Feels good! I just wish I had more time to talk to all the people I met today.

I worked for a marketing/event agency. I definitely will do this kind of things more often! And now I have learned what I can do better next time. I really practiced and developed my coordination skills.

I woke up at 4.20am and got home at 2pm. Kind of tired, but at 6 I had my interview with Cathrin Frisemo. It went very well. It is a very interesting book she has written, about the digital working life. She focuses on how the digitalization has transformed how we work. With strategies, networking, communication, etc. It is way more flexible now. Earlier, you went TO work, but now you DO the work. You have things you need to finish, and you can do it wherever and whenever you want. As long as you do it. She also mention how our private life has changed through the digitalization. How we communicate, organise things, share information, pictures, music etc. I was invited to her book release at October 15 :) It will be fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment