Monday, September 30, 2013

Bad start, good end.

And this day could have started better if I say so. I woke up very early and had to take a bus at 7 to the central station. Of course Carl had our bus our bus pass and of course I did not have enough Danish cash and of course the shops where you can buy tickets were closed that early in the morning. Thought I could pay with my VISA, but no. The bus driver actually wanted to throw me off the bus. Felt like the poorest girl in the world when I asked the other passengers if I could borrow 20DK from someone. I don't know if I am too kind myself or too naive or too stupid or something but I thought someone would help me. Many passengers asked me what was wrong, why I could not pay etc. I explained to them that I did not have Danish cash etc, and they said OK and put their hands on their bags to demonstrate that I would not get anything from them. If I was on a bus and someone did not have enough cash I would definitely help them if I could. Guess that's not how it works anymore, at least not here in Denmark. But after a while the man who sat at the very back in the bus gave me 20DK and said I did not have to give him something in return (SEK, coupons, a ticket to another destination or other things I had). Today's hero!! I am just surprised everybody else were so cold.

Made it to Malmö and I also got to meet my dear friend Marie after my events <3 We met each other in Canada when we both were exchange students there and have not met since then. Finally reunion! It was very nice :)  She has just moved to Malmö so now we live very close to each other now!! 

It felt so good to come home to Carl <3 What a day! But I think it is good for me to expose myself to things outside my comfort zone. Today, I really did that. 

And also, my friend Rebecca from Umeå h
as booked tickets to Copenhagen to visit me (and Carl of course) in the end of october!! Can't wait :) We will go to the zooooooooooooooo. And do a lot of other great things!! 


My sweet Marie :)





No comments:

Post a Comment