Thursday, September 26, 2013

WIFL

Today, Cathrin Frisemo resleased a sample of her new book "WIFL - din guide till det digitala arbetslivet", about  WIFL - Work in fake life. I will interview her on wednesday to learn more about it. You can find the sample of the book here (Swedish book).

When I start reading the book, or the sample of the book, I immediately feel how interesting it is. She discuss how we use terms as IRL (in real life) when we talk about what is going on in the real world, and not online. Therefore, Cathrin has now implemented the term WIFL - Work in Fake Life. Because, what we are not doing in the REAL life, must be considered to be done in a FAKE life, if they are opposites.

I think WIFL will be a more commonly used term. Cathrin told me at the mingle that the book already attracts teachers/lecturers who want to use it for their courses. We will see :) I really like the term! Up to date and also very useful! Cathrin also writes about how the meaning of work has changed. Earlier, we used to GO TO work, and now work is somethign we DO. True. Interesting! I look forward to read the whole book :)





No comments:

Post a Comment