Monday, September 9, 2013

Danish vs me

Now we have spent one night here in our apartment. I slept very well :) Carl have to get up before 6 to take the "Novobus" to his job in Kalundborg. Nice deal! 

Today I will pack up a lot of our things (starting with the clothes ;), and work with an article. Maybe also have time to explore Nörrebro a bit. 

When we took the bus from the central station to Nörrebro yesterday I was happy that one destination was called "Rådhusplatsen". I understand and can pronounce that, I thouht. It's like Swedish! But no. They pronounced it "Rödhosplädsn". Danish-Maria 1-0. 

The man who controlled the tickets at the train tried to make a joke for me. Since I was the one with our tickets, his joke was about if I REALLY want to pay for Carl too, otherwise he could kick him off the train. Since I couldn't understand a thing of what he said I instead thought something was wrong with our tickets. Not a successful joke. Carl had to explain what it was about. Next time maybe... Danish-Maria 2-0. 

We met one of our neighbors yesterday. She seemed nice :) she asked us (in Danish) when we moved in. And I answered her!!! I kind of understood. Or I just took a chance on what she had asked, but it was correct so... Danish - Maria 2-1. 






No comments:

Post a Comment