Friday, September 27, 2013

Brand LOVE

At the master's programme in marketing, I read a very interesting article by Raajev Batra (et al.). The article discusses brand love as something deeper than brand loyalty. Brand loyalty means that a person choose to buy products/services from the same producer repeatedly over time, rather than buying them from other suppliers. It can depend on several factors, for example convenient location, inhertia and trust in a specific brand.

Brand love means that you have a more passionate relationship to a specific brand. It speaks more to your self identity (current and desired) and you feel emotionally attached to the specific brand.

I remember when we had a seminar about this article and brand love, For me, it was so obvious that brand love exists and I could come up with many examples of brands I feel very strong for, love for. I was surprised when no one else in the class agreed with me. They did not undertand how a person could feel LOVE for a brand. I feel that I have a special relationship to Chanel and when I enter the store, or see pictures on Chanel bags and clothes I start feeling things. I feel happy , enthusiastic and that I have a special bond to the brand. Not the same love as I feel for my family and friends, but some kind of love. I am loyal to brands like TRESemmé (hair) and Dior (make up) as I always buy specific products from them, but I don't feel love.

This is brand LOVE:

No comments:

Post a Comment